BOOKINGS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions apply to lettings of holiday accommodation by Acorn Leisure Holidays (“Owner”). The Terms and Conditions form the basis of your contract with the Owner so please read them carefully before making a reservation.
|“Booking Confirmation”||means the confirmation of booking provided to the Customer when a booking has been accepted;|
|“Booking Deposit”||means 10% of the Rent;|
|“Booking Form”||means the accommodation booking form completed by the Customer;|
|“Customer”||means the person booking holiday accommodation;|
|“End Date”||means the last day of the Rental Period;|
|“Inventory”||means the inventory of fixtures furniture and effects at the Property a copy of which is kept at the Property;|
|“Property”||means the caravan identified in the Booking Form together with the fixtures furniture and effects specified in the Inventory;|
|“Rent”||means the rent specified in the Booking Form;|
|“Rental Period”||means the rental period specified in the Booking Form;|
|“Security Deposit”||means £100 refundable security deposit|
|“Site”||means the caravan park known as Felmoor Park|
|“Start Date”||means the first day of the Rental Period.|
- Booking and Payment of Booking Deposit
- A booking is made by completing and submitting the Booking Form and paying the Booking Deposit via our online booking provider.
- The Customer must pay the Booking Deposit to the Owner via the online booking system to secure the booking. Please note the holiday is not confirmed until the availability has been rechecked by the Owners enlisted Agents. In the unlikely event that the property has been booked on the dates selected the deposit will be returned.
- Payment of Rent
- The Customer must pay the balance of the Rent due to the Owner at least 4 weeks before the Start Date, or if booked within 4 weeks full payment must be received at the time of booking.
- Security Deposit
- The Customer must pay the Security Deposit to the Owner no later than the date on which the balance of the Rent is to be paid.
- The Security Deposit will be held by the Owner and applied against the cost of remedying any damage to the Property caused by the Customer.
- The Security Deposit will be returned to the Customer not more than 5 days after the End Date less any deductions made for the cost of remedying any damage.
- Partial monies of the refundable security deposit may be held back if additional cleaning costs are incurred via our cleaning team for BBQs or rubbish left behind as examples.
- Cancellation of Booking
- If the Customer cancels the booking more than 8 weeks before the Start Date the Owner shall be entitled to retain a £50 administration fee but the Owner will refund all other sums paid by the Customer.
- If the Customer has not paid the Rent [and Security Deposit] by the date specified in Clause 3.1 the Customer will be deemed to have cancelled the booking under Clause [5.1].
- Owner’s obligations during the Rental Period
- The Owner agrees that the Customer may quietly possess and enjoy the Property during the Rental Period without any interruption from the Owner or any person claiming under or in trust for the Owner.
- The Owner shall provide adequate bed linen and towels at the Property including complimentary spa robes for hot tub use. All bed linen, towels and spa robes must not be removed from the property.
- The Customer may use the paths and drives leading to the Property to go to and from it.
- The Customer may use such parts of the Site as the Owner is permitted to use by virtue of his ownership of the Property [subject to the payment of £5 per adult and child for an all-day leisure facilities pass which can be obtained at the Club House].
- Customer’s obligations during the Rental Period
- The Customer shall use the Property in a reasonable and careful manner, not allow it to deteriorate and keep it clean and tidy at all times.
- The Customer shall make good all damage caused to the Property (including the Owner’s fixtures and fittings) or to any other property owned by the Owner through:
- any breach of the obligations set out in these Terms and Conditions;
- any improper use by or negligence of the Customer or any person at the Property with the Customer’s permission.
- The Customer shall keep the items specified in the Inventory clean and in the same condition as at the commencement of the Rental Period (fair wear and tear and damage by insured risks only excepted) and shall make good or replace with articles of the same sort and equal value such as may be lost broken or destroyed (or at the option of the Owner to pay compensation to the Owner).
- The Customer shall not block or otherwise damage the taps, baths, wash basins, toilets, cisterns or pipes within or exclusively serving the Property.
- The Customer shall keep the Property heated to a reasonable level during the winter months to prevent damage to the Property or the water pipes drains tanks and other plumbing apparatus by cold weather.
- The Customer shall report to the Owner any damage, destruction, loss, defect or disrepair affecting the Property as soon as it comes to the attention of the Customer.
- The Customer shall place all refuse in the receptacle(s) provided for the Property by the Owner or any other competent authority.
- The Customer shall allow the Owner or the owner of the Site or their respective agents or anyone with their written authority together with any workmen and necessary appliances to enter the Property at reasonable times of the day to inspect its condition and state of repair and to carry out any necessary repairs provided the Owner has given reasonable notice (with regard to the work to be undertaken) beforehand and the Customer shall not interfere with or obstruct any such persons.
- The Customer shall in cases of emergency allow the Owner or the owner of the Site or anyone with the their authority to enter the Property at any time and without notice.
- The Customer shall use the Property as a private holiday residence for a maximum of 4 – 6 people only depending on the size of property booked and in agreement with the Owner.
- The Customer shall not do anything on the Property which may be a nuisance to or cause damage or annoyance to the Owner or the tenants or occupiers of any adjoining property.
- The Customer shall not play any musical instrument or other device which can be heard outside the Property after 11pm or before 8am.
- The Customer shall not use the Property for any illegal or immoral purposes.
- The Customer shall not use the Property in a way which contravenes a restriction affecting the Owner’s interest in the Property which the Owner has brought to the Customer’s attention.
- The Customer shall not cause or permit any dangerous or inflammable substance to collect in or on the Property apart from those needed for general domestic use.
- The Customer shall not display any notice or advertisement that is visible from outside the Property.
7.17 The Customer shall not keep any animal or pet on the Property without first obtaining the Owner’s written consent and subject to any conditions imposed by the Owner.
- The Customer shall not smoke at the Property.
- The Customer shall not assign or sublet the Property or any part of the Property and shall not part with possession or share occupation of the Property or any part of it.
- The Customer shall not permit any person to occupy the Property as a lodger.
- The Customer shall not alter add to or interfere with the appearance structure exterior or interior of the Property or the arrangement of the fixtures furniture and effects belonging to the Owner.
- The Customer shall keep the area outside the Property clean and tidy.
- The Customer shall park vehicles only where the Owner or the owner of the Site may designate.
- The Customer shall comply with any regulations which the owner of the Site, its agents or any management company for the Site may from time to time make in the interests of good management of the Site.
- At the end of the Rental Period the Customer shall remove the Customer’s belongings from the Property and leave the Property reasonably clean and tidy.
- Forfeiture and termination
- If there has been a substantial breach of any of the Customer’s obligations the Owner may forfeit (i.e. bring to an end) the tenancy that exists in relation to the Property and may recover possession of the Property. The other rights and remedies of the Owner will remain in force.
- If the behaviour of or level of noise generated by the Customer and his guests is unacceptable to the Owner or to the owner of the Site the Owner may terminate the tenancy with immediate effect and the Property must be vacated and no refund will be given.
- Any obligation on the Customer in these Terms and Conditions not to do an act or thing includes an obligation not to permit or suffer another person to do such act or thing.
- Whenever there is more than one person comprising the Owner or the Customer their obligations may be enforced against all of them jointly and against each of them individually.
- The Owner and Customer do not intend that the contract between them should be enforceable by any person solely by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- An obligation in these Terms and Conditions to pay money includes an obligation to pay Value Added Tax in respect of that payment.
- Under section 48 of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987 the Customer is hereby notified that notices (including notices in proceedings) must be served on the Owner by the Customer at the following address:-
Mr and Mrs Corn, 8 The Avenue, Felmoor Park, Northumberland, NE65 9QH
- This contract between the Owner and the Customer shall be governed by the law of England and Wales.