In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Acorn Leisure Holidays are taking the advice of the Tourism Industry Board and associated Public Health organisations by implementing a newly revised and stringent cleaning programme for each holiday let. The safety of our guests and our housekeepers is of utmost importance.
Our Cleaning Protocols
- Risk assessments have been completed for each property including the hot tubs
- Cleaning records/checklist for each holiday stay will be completed
- House keepers will be required to use appropriate PPE at all times
Our Cleaning Process
- Deep clean for each property and it’s hot tub after each stay
- Cleaning items left for our guests (industry standard and recommended)
- Laundry bags for guests to place the bed linen/towels
- Fogging machine to be used throughout the properties after the deep clean (info below – image of the certificate to be used)
ENVIROSAFE – virus & bacteria control
- A multi-surface cleaner and sanitiser that will safely clean and protect by removing harmful bacteria, viruses and odours.
- Suitable for all wet cleanable surfaces and fabrics.
- NON-HAZARDOUS IN DILUTION
- ALCOHOL AND BLEACH FREE
- NEUTRAL PH
- SUITABLE FOR BIO-HAZARD CONTROL FOGGING
- PASSED & APPROVED TO EUROPEAN STANDARDS
- ANTI-BACTERIAL EN1276 LOG KILL 6 = 99.9999%
- ANTI-VIRAL EN14476 LOG KILL 4.33 = 99.99%
- ANTI-FUNGAL EN1650 LOG KILL 6 = 99.9999%
Arrival and Checkout
New ARRIVAL times:
We have changed our arrival times from 3pm to 4pm, this will allow us extra time to ensure each property has been cleaned to our high standards.
CHECK OUT times are strictly 10am.
Accessing the Properties
We have operated a self check in since we opened. The code to access the properties is contained within the arrival instructions. The key box will be sanitised for each check in.
Our hot tubs require daily maintenance to ensure it’s safe for our guests, this involves checking the temperature, adjusting the chemical balance (PH, TA, and Chlorine).
We politely ask that social distancing is maintained when our Hot Tub manager is on-site checking the hot tub. We typically check the hot tubs each morning between 08:00 am – 10:00 am.
Further information will be left for our guests inside the property and within the arrival instructions.
Felmoor Park COVID-19 Response and Guidance
The Crazy Horse Saloon bar and restaurant will be open for guests and the general public. In line with the hospitality industry’s new laws, they will be enforcing social distancing within the premises.
The park will close the small woodland walk as it is difficult to manage social distancing guidelines.
The lake walk will be open, but we ask guests to maintain social distancing rules.
Northumberland Country Zoo, next door to Felmoor Holiday Park is now OPEN, you must book a time slot to visit. The link to their website is as follows: https://www.northumberlandzoo.co.uk/
Felmoor Holiday Park is centrally based in which to explore Northumberland, when visiting the countryside, local beaches and local villages, please respect social distancing rules and dispose of all litter.
COVID-19 – Important information for our Guests
We want you to enjoy your stay, but should you fall ill and/or suspect you have coronavirus, please find the below information;
What to do if you suspect you have Coronavirus:
Contact Acorn Leisure Holidays, Account Manager, Melanie Corn (phone number within the arrival instructions).
Self-isolate within the property until you can arrange an appointment for a test, this does not mean that your stay can be extended. You will be advised to leave the property and return home.
Anyone who has symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) can get a free test to check if they have the virus. Some people without symptoms can have the test too. This test is called the “antigen” or “swab” test.
Contact Number: NHS 111 online Coronavirus service
Website for booking a test at a drive through site or requesting one to be sent to your home address.
coronavirus-covid-19/testing- and-tracing/get-an-antigen- test-to-check-if-you-have- coronavirus/
Test & Trace, if the test is positive we are required to keep a record of the names of all guests along with the telephone numbers. This information will be kept in accordance with Data Protection and GDPR.
Acorn Leisure Holidays will adhere to the guidance released by Gov and relevant Holiday/Hospitality industry protocols.